Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dream #45 - Hello, It's me, Picasso!

Mai Ya hee, Mai Ya hoo, Mai Ya haha
Mai Ya hee, Mai Ya hoo, Mai Ya haha

This line from a song caught my attention ever since I was a kid. I wanted to listen to it every day yet, I didn't even know its title. I tried asking some people if they heard a song with that lyrics yet no one knew. Even though I was only a kid when I first heard it, I never forgot its tune and I kept singing that same line over and over again.

With only a line and tune as a hint, how would I ever find that song again? Yet I was still determined to find that only song that captured my heart.

Until one day, a friend asked me to download him songs from YouTube. He used to work in a sound system for rent way back home. So an idea struck me and asked him if he ever heard a song with the said lyrics. And guess what? He really did and he also knew the title. I was so happy and search it in YouTube immediately. I downloaded the song into my computer and into my phone. And so the long-searched song was entitled "Dragostea din tei" and sung by the Moldovan pop group, O-Zone. It was in Romanian.


The original version became more famous in the United States when a video of Gary Brolsma dancing to the song calling it Numa Numa, went viral. The DiscO-zone made an english version of the song which is focused on the "It's me, Picasso" lyric from the original to provide a theme of an artist who has lost his muse.


I felt really happy and was so contented when I heard it again. My childhood memories rushed back to me. I listen to the song almost every day. It was the only song that even if I kept on repeating still it's not annoying. This song really inspires me a lot.

Hope you'll listen to Dragostea din tei and love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment